The origins of Castle Hill RSL can be traced back to 1932, when the “Hills District Returned Sailors and Soldiers Club” was formed to assist World War 1 veterans and their families.
After meeting in a church hall for some time, arrangements were made for the lease of Crown Land on Old Northern Road, Castle Hill. On this land the “Anzac Memorial Hall” was constructed, the foundation stone being laid in 1935 and the hall was completed in 1936. After the completion of the hall the diggers still did not have a club room. By self help they excavated a space underneath a stage the width of the hall and the height approximately 8 feet. Entry was gained by a set of steps leading from the park down into what then became known as “The Dugout”.
In 1954 the club was granted a liquor licence and became a legal identity known as “the Castle Hill RSL Sub-Branch Club”. Up until this time the club was operating illegally but was tolerated by the authorities. In 1974 the club moved to the present site of nearly 5 hectares, the building being officially opened by Sir Roden Cutler VC. Since 1974, there have been ongoing renovations and alterations to the premises to maintain and enhance member services.
It is our mission at Castle Hill RSL to provide members and the community with a modern and progressive community focussed club group that provides the best hospitality, sporting, entertainment and fitness/aquatic services and facilities.
Members, their family and friends of all ages in the Hills view their club as their first choice for these services and facilities. Castle Hill RSL is proud to support organisations and the community.
Castle Hill RSL supports a diverse range of interclubs. Castle Hill RSL’s commitment to sport is well known in the Hills District with our sponsorship support for Soccer, Athletics, Junior League, Rugby Union and Netball.